Sunday, January 4, 2009

My goals for 2009

As promised, here they are (you will notice that while they are mostly ultra goals, there is also a smidge of the personal and professional in there, as my ultra, personal, and professional lives tend to reflect the others...):

In no particular order:


Train more effectively and efficiently by using the RunningAhead training log and by trusting my coach!

Rest more.

Break 15 hours at Hellgate 100K, weather permitting.

Improve my time at Grindstone 100.

Break 9 hours at Bull Run Run.

Spend more time with my kids, my hubby, my sis, my mom, and my friends.

"Let it go, let it roll right off your shoulders." (RT)

Be mindful and live in the moment.

Pay attention to what people are saying and not saying, and really listen.

Give more, take less.

4 comments:

farmgirl said...

Well it's about time...
Just kidding, thanks for coming out today, I really love the Golden photos.
Finn keeps talking about how excited she is to eventually have Jack as her best buddy... :)

Have a good week.

Blog!

Thomas Bussiere said...

I like your goals - Achievable, realistic, and will make you and someone else a better person.
TAB

Andy said...

Very cool...
Happy New Year! Are you running the Promise Land 50K this year?
If I can get healthy (Piriformis-like symptoms are back) I'd like to give that one a try! I got this nifty running GPS, and I can barely use it.
OK, so one of my goals this year should definitely be to stretch more.
Best,
Andy

Sophie Speidel said...

Thanks, everyone!

I thought ten goals for the year was enough. I actually am glad I posted them in public b/c today I found myself reminding myself to "let go" of something that's been bugging me and to be mindful. So it's all good to put it out there.

Andy---I am NOT running Promise Land 50K this year b/c both Chape and Carter have big lax games that day. I would urge you to run it next year when I can do it with you, and instead consider the Bull Run Run 50 in NoVa on April 18. I am going to try to get in, and I have run it twice. Great race, all-VHTRC, runnable trail. Give it a thought!