Thursday, December 25, 2008

A warm Christmas


Merry Christmas everyone!

I hope you have been able to spend time with family and friends and aren't among the poor souls who have been stranded at airports because of bad weather. Perhaps you are among the lucky souls who are stranded at a Lake Tahoe ski resort? Here in Virginia, we are celebrating a warm Christmas, not a white one. My sister sings on her new album of wanting only two things for Christmas..."Peace on Earth and a snowstorm now and then..." but alas, she will have to wait another year...for snow on Christmas, at least. I'm still hopeful about the peace.

As much as I love snow, I also love the gift of warm, sunny days in December! It was 60 degrees and sunny with clear blue skies this afternoon, so after everyone had opened their presents this morning, Rusty and I left the family at home and went out to Walnut Creek Park with Jack---Rusty rode his single speed and I ran. Jack stayed between us on the trail, chasing Rusty and then waiting for me. It was so sweet to see his eager face as I rounded the bend of the trail. What a loyal trail pup! Rusty and I had a total blast out there and managed to stay together (the single speed kept him honest!). Next up will be some of the trails on the Grindstone course that allows mountain bikes, and then he will get a chance to see what all the fuss was about regarding Chimney Hollow Trail!

(That's me above with Jack, post-run, sporting one of my Christmas presents from Santa, a cool Atayne wicking T in my favorite color and a cool eco-message). Thanks Santa!

Here is the 2008 Speidel family Christmas card photo we would have sent to family and friends, but for a variety of reasons, we opted out of mailing cards this year. From our family to yours, we hope you had a wonderful Christmas Day with your loved ones, and that 2009 brings you all that you dream of, and more.

3 comments:

Thomas Bussiere said...

And a Merry Christmas to you Sophie and your family. We are enjoying the warm Dec temp as well in GA. Nevertheless, I'm ready for some cooler times.

Rick Gray said...

Sophie, Christmas is always so special when we can spend the day with family and friends that we love. Sounds like you had a wonderful and fun filled Christmas day. Tammy and I also spent a wonderful day with family and we wish that all of your dreams will come true during the new year. Rick

farmgirl said...

Sophie, loved this post. I had such a fun time over at your house yesterday, learning how to decorate my blog.
Love that high speed internet.
Embarq SUCKS. That's from all of us in Batesville.

Let's spend more time together in '09.

xoxo